Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Crushworthy cooking: Chocolate covered bananas

Unless you live under a rock or don't have a TV you have to have heard about this ridiculous heat wave that has taken over. While I'm a beach baby and love to play in the water and sun, I'm also very well aware of my half Polaca skin, thanks to my dad's side of the family, and it's unfondness of all things hot (at least related to the temperature). With all of this, I've been searching for cool summer snacks that won't break the bank or my weight watchers points, so thanks to my guilty pleasure Pinterest, I've discovered my new go to snack. Drum roll please...

Milk Chocolate Covered Banana Bites
Here we go…
chocolate covered bananas
The ingredients:  Chocolate Candy melts (or Chocolate Chips), a Banana, Plate covered in wax paper.
slice bananas
Slice banana into even slices, unlike I did here.  Again, do as I say, not as I do.  Kidding. Although I wouldn’t slice them too thin or they’ll break during the Chocolate covering process.
microwave chocolate
Melt Chocolate Candy Melts according to package directions.  Usually you nuke them for 30 seconds, then stir, then another 30 seconds.  If using Chocolate Chips, melt in a saucepan in medium low, stirring often.
stir melted chocolate
Melted Chocolate should look like this.  I usually add a tablespoon or so of Crisco to thin the Chocolate a bit for easier coverage. I added a little non fat milk to mine
cover banana slices with chocolate
Place one sliced banana at a time into the melted Chocolate.
cover bananas in chocolate
Use a spoon to pour the Chocolate on the banana slice, then gently stir around to cover entirely.
lift banana out of the chocolate
Lift out the banana slice.
shake or tap off excess chocolate
Shake or tap off the excess Chocolate.  It’s OK, you can eat it left over Chocolate later!  :)
refrigerate
Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes or more or until set. (I put mine in the freezer)
chocolate covered bananas
Voila!  Chocolate Covered Bananas!
chocolate covered bananas

Once done the bananas will be silky smooth and delicious! Not only are they amazing, they're relatively healthy too! You can even try dark chocolate instead or add nuts for an extra kick!

Stay hungry my friends!
Photobucket

About Mariam

Life is sweet

Life is sweet

And they lived happily ever after

And they lived happily ever after

One day a beautiful Jewish girl met a nice Jewish boy and made their mothers very, very, very happy

One day a beautiful Jewish girl met a nice Jewish boy and made their mothers very, very, very happy

About Me

For those of you who know me, writing has always been one of my passions, with the exception of my Masters or any ridiculously long testament within the wide world of Academia. I've only had the pleasure of blogging a couple of times, mostly for a few classes in graduate school, but figured it was time to organize my numerous thoughts and musings with all of you out there in cyber land. I created this page because my mind is always running and often times my thoughts get lost in the hubub. Plus, my friends have always said that I'm a great storyteller, so I'd love to share them now with you. In the meantime, I'll leave you with this... Throughout the past 33 years of my life I've seen, heard, and experienced so many different things as well as had many adventures and dream of so many possibilities. But in short, what it comes down to is this..I'm just a little Jubana trying to make a difference in the world. Everyday I live my life to the fullest and have fun doing it. Life can't always be about work or how much money you make. There's so much more to life than that.

IMPORTANT LINKS

DISCLAIMER