Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Tis the season to the be Thankful

Although I strive to express thankfulness for the things that I'm thankful for all year round, in the spirit of the season I wanted to share these with you now (please note that they are in no particular order).

  1. I'm thankful for my amazingly loving, generous, kind, and supportive family. Although I no longer live in Dallas, we do try our best to make it there as often as we can. In fact, once 5pm hits we will be hitting the road to spend the holiday with them. I'm also thankful for all of the sacrifices they made to come to this country and provide the life for us that we have been able to have.

2. I can't begin to express my gratitude to G-d and the fates of destiny for bringing my fiancee into my life. My friends can attest that I always had a fun and interesting life but I never knew how full my life could be until I met Brad. I'm so thankful that he's here and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with him and our little man, Manolo.




3. I'm also thankful for the wonderful people that brought my amazing fiancee into the world and have helped to make him the person he is today. I'm so blessed to have such fun, loving, and kind inlaws.


4. I'm thankful for having the opportunity to have a job that I love, supportive and inspiring coworkers, and students that never cease to amaze me. They are the reason that I love what I do and have fun doing it!



5. I'm thankful for the health and happiness of my loved ones and hope that they continue to have all they wish for and more!
6. I'm thankful for the incredible friendships that I've been able to foster over the years. It doesn't matter if I've known you for a day or for my entire life, you are a huge part of who I am and who I'm becoming.

7. I'm thankful for my health and the blessings and guidance I've received that have guided me to the place that I am today.



8. I'm thankful for the experiences that I've had and the rich history and culture that I am a part of. Being different is a blessing not a curse if you embrace it and make it a part of who you are.

9. I'm thankful to be a Jayhawk, a Gamma, and an honorary Aggie!


10. I'm thankful to have the opportunity to be thankful for all these things and more!

Wishing you all a very happy, healthy, and prosperous holiday!




About Mariam

Life is sweet

Life is sweet

And they lived happily ever after

And they lived happily ever after

One day a beautiful Jewish girl met a nice Jewish boy and made their mothers very, very, very happy

One day a beautiful Jewish girl met a nice Jewish boy and made their mothers very, very, very happy

About Me

For those of you who know me, writing has always been one of my passions, with the exception of my Masters or any ridiculously long testament within the wide world of Academia. I've only had the pleasure of blogging a couple of times, mostly for a few classes in graduate school, but figured it was time to organize my numerous thoughts and musings with all of you out there in cyber land. I created this page because my mind is always running and often times my thoughts get lost in the hubub. Plus, my friends have always said that I'm a great storyteller, so I'd love to share them now with you. In the meantime, I'll leave you with this... Throughout the past 33 years of my life I've seen, heard, and experienced so many different things as well as had many adventures and dream of so many possibilities. But in short, what it comes down to is this..I'm just a little Jubana trying to make a difference in the world. Everyday I live my life to the fullest and have fun doing it. Life can't always be about work or how much money you make. There's so much more to life than that.

IMPORTANT LINKS

DISCLAIMER