Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Brrr...it's getting chili in here...

So fall is here, well...sort of. At least it was last weekend so I decided to make my mom's famous turkey chili to encourage the cooler weather to stick around. This recipe is the perfect combination of spicy, savory, and completely comforting without cracking open the caloric bank account. Sound good?

This is what you'll need:
1 box of Carol Shelley's White Chicken Chili mix
2 cans of fire roasted tomatoes
2 cans of Bush's White Northern beans
1 countainer Light Sour Cream
1 Spanish Onion
1 pound Jennie-O lean ground turkey
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
Fresh parsely
Olive oil

First, in olive oil sautee together the chopped parsely (how little or much as you want), onion, and the (drained) fire roasted tomatoes.



Next, brown the turkey in the pan with a dash of salt and pepper



Once the meat is browned add in the sauteed veggies, the drained beans, 2 cups of water, and the packets in the chili mix

In the box there is also a cayenne pepper packet, you can add a small dash like me, since I'm a wimp or A LOT if you like it spicy

Once everything is mixed together cover the pot and let it simmer on medium for 15 minutes

After 15 minutes, uncover the pot and let it cook until the majority of the liquid is absorbed

Once it's ready add a dollop of Light Sour Cream and share it with someone you love!

About Mariam

Life is sweet

Life is sweet

And they lived happily ever after

And they lived happily ever after

One day a beautiful Jewish girl met a nice Jewish boy and made their mothers very, very, very happy

One day a beautiful Jewish girl met a nice Jewish boy and made their mothers very, very, very happy

About Me

For those of you who know me, writing has always been one of my passions, with the exception of my Masters or any ridiculously long testament within the wide world of Academia. I've only had the pleasure of blogging a couple of times, mostly for a few classes in graduate school, but figured it was time to organize my numerous thoughts and musings with all of you out there in cyber land. I created this page because my mind is always running and often times my thoughts get lost in the hubub. Plus, my friends have always said that I'm a great storyteller, so I'd love to share them now with you. In the meantime, I'll leave you with this... Throughout the past 33 years of my life I've seen, heard, and experienced so many different things as well as had many adventures and dream of so many possibilities. But in short, what it comes down to is this..I'm just a little Jubana trying to make a difference in the world. Everyday I live my life to the fullest and have fun doing it. Life can't always be about work or how much money you make. There's so much more to life than that.

IMPORTANT LINKS

DISCLAIMER