Monday, February 7, 2011

Musings from nuestra aventura en Mexico...

Well, given the subarctic temperatures lately, I figured I would be nostalgic and think about my amazing trip this summer with my two besties to Acapulco. In the meantime I just have to think warm thoughts and bundle up. I hope you enjoy our Acapulco-lyptic musings...


Gazebo que es
No es amor es gas
Nap time
Aurelio
Missing but not forgetten driver side mirror
Wet t-shirt contest
No charge for looking sitting or waiting
Let's make a deal
Para tu Mami, tu papi
Ni hau
It's for your Mexican boyfriend
Son solteras?
La drama
Mexican calculator
Media naranja
Quieres un cruceiro?
Amiguita
Patrona
Mi reina
No soy chinita!!
Mi hijo es atlético y muy guapo
Pasale pasale
Boy who pushes all the buttons
De donde son?
Tienes email?
No bailas? Por que no?
Que bueno que te cache
Mojito!!!
Flashlight girl
Cerveza boys
Sugar daddy y las hermanas
Eclipse en español
Porque no quedan en la casa de tu abuelos?
Elevator on crack
Ese no sirve
Que piso? Que cuarto?
No hay toallas en 1107
Tu hablas español muy bien
Sexy música
Elevator girl/boy
The phones are out of service for a month or so
Rain rain rain
No limonada
Ni email! ni telefono! ni nada!
Phone card
Tienes que chequear
Ah! La plaza! La plaza! Porque no me dijiste al square??
Benito y la princesa
Boom boom chika boom boom
Stripper chick at senor frogs
Do we have to cross the highway?
Catcall, universal in any language
Tatuaje? Tatutaje de henna?
Quieres plata? Te doy un package deal
Miguelito
Pan no es gratis
Love boat
What is that big boat doing there?
Does he expect us to cross the highway?
Playeras mojadas
Ya fuimos a todos...quieren a mi casa para ver las ruinas? We don't want to see your ruinas
El gobierno me paga para dar la información
Para que me muestra esa???
Tienes reservación? No pero es mi cumpleaños
Mordida!!! Queremos pastel!!!!
Sanborns
You need to turn on the AC on a wk before you get here
Calling a 1-800 number outside the us
The soccer team boys and their crunches
Clipboard boy and what is his purpose??
Tres camas por favor
Acapulco men are too friendly with each other
2 camas cada sombrilla
Do we have tourist stamped on your forehead?
Es solo por tu seguridad
Santa Clara
Es que..
Tío León y las mensajes
Masaje?? Para el estrés
Mangos?
Algo de beber mi reina?
No cabemos!!! Eso es para los niños
La la la la la jump
Sunburned parts
Mel, where's the aloe?
What is this in pesos/dollars?
Fridge door
Yo quiero cafe
Chocolate cake
Timber!!!
Agua natural por favor
Lots of books
Funny tummy
No señor frogs if you want to live to tell about it
Ya viene!! Ya viene!! Para caida!!
Her laugh is annoying!!
The tv works!!! For now..
No saw!!!
We heart Adam Rodriguez
The search for monkeys and traditional Mexican dresses
Melanie loves her boyfriend, we get it
How old do you think we are?
I'd probably kill someone else if it wasn't you guys
Not montezuma this time
I'd ride the banana/jetski if we knew how to swim
I don't want to get carried away by the waves
Mel to the rescue in the ocean
Pobrecita!!
Dinner and a show
Necesitamos tres toallas por favor
Faltamos cinco toyotas
Mel's "charm"
The balcony breeze
Clothesline
Falling asleep on the balcony
Corren gatitios! Corren!! Dejanlos en Paz
Followed by random dogs
Shirt carried away by same dog
Oh! I guess it's marking its territory
Pool time
I need shade!!
Come on legs tan!!!
I don't want a spotty tan!!
Mosquitos y bichos
The step that kept tripping us
Hydrocordizone that should help
Heat rash!
Mel how come you're not getting bug bites and we are??
La abuela with perky boobs and a tight booty
Shouldnt you focus on the important stuff when you get plastic surgery...like your face??
Ese tarde mucho
Deposito? Porque??
Adventures in walmart
The Mexican sun is really strong we need higher SPF
We've had enough sun
Waking up 8 or 9 everyday not on purpose
No tomaman?? Como diviertense??
No boyfriends???
Eric, mojito, su prima y su amigo
The peacock Dancer
Eres cubana?? Que bien!!
Freckles
We like your freckles!!
What would your boyfriend say?
Airport confessions
No vegetarian...I can take the turkey out
Look here comes trouble
No bagels
Estamos cerrada
Bueno, bonito, y barato los tres B's
Ustedes me caen bien
Todo es en el pasado
Mis clientas
El orden y the archbishop
Chafa buena y de bien calidad
Oh if you put it in water the color wont wash off
I dont mean to offend you but...
Bargainning nightmares
Viente y no mas
Que quieres pagar?
Let her have it!!
Aqui hay buen lugar
You can take the bus...um taxi?
Up for adventure?? Let's ride the bus
Puedo bajar la ventana
I'm schvitzing!!
Yiddish 101
What does that mean??
Cubanisims
Graphic novels
Chick lit
Ok pack your bags girls were going to Canada, eh??
Rain, rain and oh wait...more rain
Sewer smell...foochi
Ustedes son como mexicanas como media mexicanas
There's so much sand in the pool
Sweet cleaning lady
Missing towels
Quieres un taxi?
This reminds me of NY
They drive worse here than in Dallas
Why are the taxis honking at us???
Pedestrians don't have the right of way here
Wait to cross..no go now!! After the gray van...no now!!!!
Where are the seatbelts...Aqui no usan eso
Incorrect change
No tip for you!
Where's the condo??
Oh look!! They're using the pool!!!
Cuanto les cobran para venir aquí??
Extreme tailgating
Stop and go!!!
They deliver everywhere!!
We can order it to the room...oh wait...no phone
They have a hard rock and a hooters here!!!
Quiero un coco!!!
Sniff...sniff what is this??
Con que viene???
Gurgle gurgle
Its not spicy enough!!!
Is that a banana leaf??
La pimienta?
Es que no come carne
Breakfast and lunch al fresco
No te asustes!! No le pasa nada!! Tranquila
Guess well take the stairs
Speedos....ugh!!!!
Speedo man is drawing closer avert gaze!!!
Treinsitas? Treinsitas?
Search for the big dipper
That cloud looks like a...
I don't want to eat the eyes!!!
Mel will you pick the fish off the bone for me???
What is that??? Take my shoe and kill it??
Are you from California?
Torn bills
Que paso reina???
Cambia esa ahora!!!
Damn Mel, your Cuban accent really comes out when you're mad!!
Banos always come before customs
Mis amigas, las perlas de mi vida <3
Jude and Ro, if you're reading this, I hope you're staying warm!!! TQM.

About Mariam

Life is sweet

Life is sweet

And they lived happily ever after

And they lived happily ever after

One day a beautiful Jewish girl met a nice Jewish boy and made their mothers very, very, very happy

One day a beautiful Jewish girl met a nice Jewish boy and made their mothers very, very, very happy

About Me

For those of you who know me, writing has always been one of my passions, with the exception of my Masters or any ridiculously long testament within the wide world of Academia. I've only had the pleasure of blogging a couple of times, mostly for a few classes in graduate school, but figured it was time to organize my numerous thoughts and musings with all of you out there in cyber land. I created this page because my mind is always running and often times my thoughts get lost in the hubub. Plus, my friends have always said that I'm a great storyteller, so I'd love to share them now with you. In the meantime, I'll leave you with this... Throughout the past 33 years of my life I've seen, heard, and experienced so many different things as well as had many adventures and dream of so many possibilities. But in short, what it comes down to is this..I'm just a little Jubana trying to make a difference in the world. Everyday I live my life to the fullest and have fun doing it. Life can't always be about work or how much money you make. There's so much more to life than that.

IMPORTANT LINKS

DISCLAIMER